The instigation and organisation of this project was created through the collaborative work of artists Chris Biddlecombe (Glasgow) and Guðrún Gísladóttir (Copenhagen). Both have a background in the support and development of artist working conditions and rights. The projects on this site promote their shared aims to: gather data to improve understanding of how European artists work; act as a catalyst to instigate genuine reform; encourage change to happen through collective artist bargaining; support cross-border networks and exchange of information between artists and creative managers.
The first collaborative project investigating Artist Exhibition Fees in the Nordic region was conducted through the core group of:
- Chris Biddlecombe – Scottish Artists Union (SAU)
- Guðrún Gísladóttir – Federation of Icelandic Artists (BÍL)
- Johan Wingestad – Swedish Artists’ National Organisation (KIF/KRO)
- Hanna Ojamo – The Artists’ Association of Finland (STS)
- Hrafnhildur Sigurðardóttir – Association of Icelandic Visual Artists (SÍM)
- Hilde Rognskog – Norwegian Association of Visual Artists (NBK)
- Edita Utarienė – Lithuanian Artists’ Association (LDS)
Within this project, the core group was later supported by the additional input and investigations of a second group:
- Priska Streit – Internationale Gesellschaft der Bildenden Künste (IGBK), Germany
- Caroline Wright – a-n AIR (Artist Information Company) UK
- Eva-Maria Würth – Visarte, Switzerland
- Pavol Kral – Slovak Union of Visual Arts, Slovakia
- Inguna Irbe & Haralds Matulis – Artists’ Union of Latvia & Council of Creative Unions of Latvia
- Hilde Tørdal – Norwegian Association of Visual Artists (NBK)
Work on this project will continue to be investigated and reported through the core and second group.
All future projects will be instigated and developed by Chris and Guðrún, collaborating with specific members of this current artist network and other invited artist groups.
Published on earights.org in January 2015